Sunday, February 9, 2014

31DC2013, Day 24: Inspired by a book

Back to the 31 Day Challenge 2013, which I plan to finish this year :D
Let me tell you, "Inspired by a book" was not an easy topic for me. Every mani for a book except maybe"1984" would require helluva free-hand skills, which I simply don't possess...
Nevertheless, I decided to create a manicure based on Salman Rushdie's "Haroun and the Sea of Stories". It is actually a children's book and I didn't expect to like it so much. But it has so many amazing ideas, I just loved it!. For example, the idea of the Sea of Stories - this is where all the stories in the world come from. Strings of different stories are constantly moving, intervene with each other, change. Whenever someone tells a story, it is one of these strings, which is being unwound.


I thought abstract waves would be perfect for the Sea and remembered an awesome mani I've seen on Tips and Topcoat. I searched and searched through months of Lou's posts to find this beautiful mani. She is so talented and such a motivation for me to get better!
I adopted the idea to my skill level  - and here it is, my Sea of Stories.



To do this mani was very relaxing, but it took ages - so I'm not re-creating it any time soon :) Maybe one day, when I'm better with free-hand painting...
Base color: OPI Don't Touch My Tutu
Sea: acrylic paint