Sunday, December 15, 2013

Galaxy Nails Tutorial

My galaxy mani was really popular with my friends and colleagues and I was asked more then once how I did it and if it takes very long to create such a manicure. It's pretty easy I'd say, and it takes maybe some 15-20 minutes max. if you already have your base color dry.


The colorful clouds are created by sponging first some white and than three different colors over the dark blue nails. I prefer to use tweezers and small pieces of  makeup sponge, but you can do it any way it's comfortable for you.
This is what I used:
Makeup sponge & tweezers
Dark blue: Essie's Midningt Cami
Black: A-England's Camelot
White: no-name old white polish
Bright blue: China Glaze Towel Boy Toy
Purple: Essence Break Through
Neon Pink: China Glaze Pool Party

For the stars I used Northern Lights Top Coat I got from US on Ebay. I can imagine China Glaze Fairy Dust would create the same effect, if applied sparingly.
Make sure your base color (dark blue) is dry before you start sponging and then sponge away!

Sponge on some black on the outer corners to create more depth in the skies.
Apply the glitter top coat around the nebula. Cover with top coat. You're done! :)