Wednesday, September 11, 2013

#31DC2013: Day 05, Blue nails

As I wrote in my last post, I discovered that random sponging can produce beautiful marble-like results. The green base from Day 04 in this 31 Day Challenge had amazing depth and was so easy to create, that I had to sponge-marble in blue too :)
For this look I used two blue, one white-based jelly, one white and one silver nail polishes.
I used both white polishes and a drop of one blue polish to create the custom light blue shade, which I used as a base color for all my nails. And than randomly sponged the both blue and than the silver polishes:


Base color: blended drops of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu (white-based jelly), white Essence stamping polish and China Glaze Splish-Splash (bright blue with slight shimmer)
"Marble-sponging": randomly sponged China Glaze Splish-Splash, P2 So Cool! (dark royal blue with shimmer) and Essence Icy Princess (silver)
Studs: bought online at Born Pretty Store