Saturday, August 24, 2013

Vivid Lacquer Stamping with Nfu.Oh.

After I saw some amazing mix-n-match nail designs, I found out that the name for this kind of manicure - skittlette - originally comes form Marta and her ChitChatNails blog. I also loved the tutorial made by So Nailicious. Since I'm a newbee  at nail art, I chickened out a bit and went for a subtle color change.

Nfu.Oh. is a fantastic holo polish I bought from Glamournails24, which is the only shop selling Nfu.Oh. in Germany as far as I know. You need Aqua Base (base coat) for this magnificent color to shine like a rainbow. Everything else including Essense's Peel-Off Base coat didn't really work for me - the application was clumpy and the holographic effect was not that great.



Base color: two coats of BeYu #252 (pastel green) and two coats of Nfu.Oh #66 silvery green and holographic
Stamping: stamping plate VL006 by Vivid Lacquer bought on Etsy, peacock pattern and feather stamped with the Nfu.oh. polish and Jolifin black stamping polish. (BTW, the stamping plate is a dream!)
Seche Vite as top coat.