Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Golden Rose #70 and water decals from Ali Express

Couple of weeks ago I've ordered a huge set of water decals from Ali Express. I don't even know why it took me so long to do a mani with one of the designs. It so fantastically easy and fun to wear!


I wasn't impressed with the wearability of these decals - after a day on my quite soft nails I had a serious tip wear and some white spots where the color had rubbed off. Maybe my top coat layer was just too thin? Let's hope other decals from the set would hold longer...

What I prefer to do with water decals, is to do the accent nails first and then select the complementary color using my huge swatch collection. No magic or great creativity involved ;)

This time I went for my new Golden Rose polish. This brand is new to me - I haven't seen Golden Rose polishes in Germany and decided to buy some during my trip to Istanbul. Since GR polishes are quite low priced compared to Essie and OPI I didn't have high expectations in regards of quality, but I was positively surprised!
Rich Color collection has a wide brush, which I loved. The formula of this pastel-ish green color (elegantly named #70 ;) ) was great: full coverage in two easy coats, no bland spots or chalky streaks.


Base color for the decals: Essence matte white
Color: Golden Rose Rich Color #70