Monday, January 19, 2015

Marianne Nails Africa plate No. 13

Hi everyone,

I've got a beautiful new stamping plate from Marianne Nails called "Africa" and tried something new: grungy tone-in-tone stamping.


I'm not really sure how I feel about these nails, but the plate is superb! The etching is perfect and the patterns are pretty cool.


As for the grungy effect - I was trying to follow Meghan's Dreamcatcher tutorial, but my grungy border got out of hand ;) I guess I'd have to practice more. However I like the idea of tone-in-tone stamping and would definitely try this style again.


Base color: two coats of Barry M Coconut
Grungy effect: China Glaze Foie Gras, thinned with some polish thinner to build up the color towards the edges
Stamping: patterns from Marianne Nails plate "Africa" No.13, stamped with Mundo de Uñas Chocolate.